Good day in class today everyone. I'm going to cover a few things in this post regarding our wrap-up of Invisible Man and our beginning of our US Constitution unit.
- If you were absent today you must schedule a retake of your exam. I would like for you to come ASAP before school or on Thursday after school. Bring your book for your annotation check. You will have a different prompt.
- If you forgot your book today then it is due to me Thursday, the 19th, before school begins in order for you to get credit.
- For tonight you are reading and annotating the Declaration of Independence by Thomas Jefferson. It's important to understand this document as a means to understand the framework and goals the Framers had when considering the Constitution.
- You also need to read and annotate the Preamble to the US Constitution with these questions in mind:
- Is this the argument of the Constitution? If so, what is its meaning?
- What does the Preamble represent about our values as a people?
Don't forget that we will have a guest lecturer in class to start our day on Thursday.
Using your vocabulary resources you should begin to study and prepare for a quiz on vocabulary and word structure. The quiz will be on Monday of next week!