AP English III:
On Friday/Monday you will have your Quest on The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Remember that this assessment is only on the book, you will not be asked about any of the non-fiction pieces that we read. The Quest is broken up into several sections - you would do well to study and prepare for the following:
- Characters - You will get a description and will need to tell me who the character is.
- Disguises - I will give you one of Huck's many disguises, you need to tell me what was happening when he used that particular one.
- Short, short answers - I give you a brief question, you give me a brief answer.
- Multiple Choice - Think of these as Diet AP questions. They cover a lot of the major events and ideas in the novel.
- Quotations - None of the quotations have been used so far. You know what to do with quotes: speaker, context, and importance.
You all will be having a pretty major quiz next class on allegory, "The Golden Kite, the Silver Wind", and the first four chapters of Animal Farm. You need to be sure that you're studying and preparing for this. Also, I will be checking your vocabulary bookmarks - try to get to twenty words, but at least be sure that you have ten for our first check.
There is no reading homework for the next class. I think we've been moving kinda quickly through the first few chapters, so I want to pause and spend some time working through what we've already read. After the quiz on Friday we'll spend some time reviewing some of the important elements of chapters one through four. Be sure that you've read thoroughly so that you understand everything.