This weekend you are making verb cards from chapters one through three. For your verb cards I am looking for a few things - here's your list:
- the verb in its infinitive form with the translation into English
- the stem of the verb
- the structural transcription of the verb
- the present and past tense conjugation (use structural transcription if you need to)
- case governance of the verb
- Russian III ONLY - Aspectual pair of the verb.
You should focus on commonly used verbs - don't look at vague verbs, try to look at ones you actually use.
You have your list of words to analyze for gender this weekend. Remember to practice your handwriting, your reading, and to identify the gender, the hardness or softness of the ending, and the pronoun (he/she/it) you would use to discuss the item.
On Monday you'll be having a big quiz on "The Overcoat" - sections one through five. Here is a link to the online version of the text if you want to look at the whole thing. Here's how you should prepare for your quiz this weekend:
- Reread the whole story from beginning to end - we read it over several classes. This will help you to keep everything in order.
- Review your notes - pay attention to notes on the characters, the situation/plot, the conflict, and the main symbol.
- Prepare any questions about things you don't understand.
- Know any and all vocabulary from the story.
This will be a large quiz on Monday and will greatly affect your grades. Make sure that you are prepared.