Thursday, March 29, 2018

Homework for Spring Break - A Day Students - 29 March 2018

And now we have all made it! My break won't start until I get through all of my grading, but that will be soon enough. Here are your reminders for what you should be doing to keep yourself busy over break.

English IV

I hope you all enjoyed the ending to Frankenstein today. Consider if what we watched can help you to better complete your essays. I'll start assessing your introduction and body paragraphs over the weekend, so check in with PowerSchool to see your scores and your document for comments.

Over break, you should all get started with your novels. If you read a bit and decide that you don't like it, you still will have time to switch when we begin. When we return we will finish our essays and then move on to our novel projects - remember that you'll have a weekly assignment with your book!

Advanced Russian

Over break you should all finish revising your rough drafts and probably get everything you have into a Google Document. That will make it easier for us to pull together our work and finish the project.

I would also like for all of you to prepare for the next part of the unit. It'll be a place for Russian III and II to be together for a bit - look at pages 271-282 which go over the plural declensions. Then, check in on exercises 6, 7, and 9 to review the usage and declensions for yourself. We'll go over this when we return!

Russian I

When we return, we'll finish working on Ночные Ласточки - Night Swallows - and complete the guides. I liked that many of you were very enthralled in the first episode. Over break, focus on studying for your quiz. I realize that I didn't hand back your work, so we'll push the quiz to Thursday instead of having it on the day that we return.

Remember that the quiz focuses on adverb formation and usages as well as sentence combining. Focus on your vocabulary and your exercises that we reviewed today in class.

Also, break provides you Russian students (I, II, III) a great chance to interact with some Russian. Maybe some reading? Maybe some TV watching? Maybe some movies? Maybe some new Russian music. As always, if you want suggestions, on Russian options, let me know. If you haven't signed up for Olympiada, take a look at the materials with your DPS login and think about joining our team!

AP Students - If you were planning on turning in a paper today after-school you noticed that I left immediately after school. One paper was given to me in the parking lot as I was getting in my car - no joke! - so now papers will be collected after Spring Break. Please have your paper for me on Monday morning when we return with its supporting documents. Your paper will be subject to a late penalty.

No comments: