Tonight you all need to work on two things at the same time - the work which will finish out our year. First, you have your compare and contrast assignment on Mean Girls and The Crucible. Remember that you are focusing on a motif and then elucidating that motif using evidence related to characters or conflicts. Recall that you have to be making a clear insight about our society related to this motif. Prove and relate that point!
Further, we also know our final day of class will be on the 25th of May. You'll have your Character Cafe this day. Bring in your snack/party item as well as your costume for our day. You also have your entry ticket to the party which is your completed "Character Bone Structure" activity sheet. The answers on this sheet should be based on the text in which the character is found or the author him/herself.
We have our website presentations beginning next class. Half of you will present on Thursday and the following half will present on Monday to finish our year. Please make sure that you have used the rubric to prepare your final product.
The key things to remember are:
- you must have at least two focus paragraphs for your website
- you must deal with the other questions/pages - if you can't find information, address that fact and move on
- your must have at least one photo per page
- you must cite where your information has come from
- you should have an introduction to your website on the home page
- you can have notecards for your presentation
This is your final major grade of the year - make it count!