Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Homework for AP English III and Russian I - A Day - 2/18/2014

It was so good to see all of you today - it felt like forever.  Here are your notes for tonight:

AP English III

Tonight you have two clear goals related to two very different assignments.  First, complete reading chapter two.  Use the notes I provided you in class today as your anchor as you either finish, or review the chapter to prepare for our seminar next class.  I expect to see full participation and thorough annotations as we work through this important chapter next class.

Additionally, you have received your proposals with my feedback.  Here are your steps moving forward:

  1. Review your feedback and create your argument.  Remember to make sure it meets the DADS test.  Come to see me when you think you have it so that we can push it further.
  2. Once your argument is complete begin to research using SIRS, CQ Researcher, Online, Print, and other sources as you see fit.  Cite everything.
  3. Construct your outline.  Lessons on this to follow as we draw nearer to the due date.
Remember that due to the snow days we have shifted everything back by two classes.  Make sure that you have the new due dates.

Russian I

Tonight for homework you need to complete your reflection on your warm-up sheets as well as the writing of exercise six.

Next class I will collect completed warm-up sheets and this homework assignment for a grade.  Also, as I said today in class, you can continue to see me to submit missing work or to retake quizzes for new grades.  Progress reports go out next Wednesday and Thursday, so everything needs to be made-up and settled by that point.

No comments: