Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A-Day Homework and Reminders - 2/26/2014

Sorry for not getting this up sooner.  It was a bit of a hectic afternoon to start my Wacky Wednesday.  Here are your reminders.

AP English III

I'm very pleased with how well we seem to be starting on our study of Invisible Man.  I only hope that we can continue this same level of discussion and analysis as we continue through the text.  Continue to bring your top performance; I'm seeing a lot of new things this year and I think that's because of all of you.  Continue with your reading schedule - remember that with the ACT on Tuesday we will not be discussing the chapters until Thursday when we will be looking all the way to chapter nine.  Prepare yourself accordingly.  Here's my suggestion:

Read chapter five on its own.  This chapter will challenge you because of the different voice - that of a reverend.  Pay attention closely to his story of the Founder.  Use your motif charts heavily here.

Chapters six and seven pair well together, as do eight and nine.  I would try to read the two closely together or perhaps in one sitting.  My pacing would be to read chapter five by this Friday, six and seven over the weekend, and then eight and nine by Thursday.  This give you time as well to continue to move ahead in the schedule because chapter ten is tough.

As well, continue to research.  I would hope that on Friday some of you stay after to check your argument and division into topics.  That work should be settled in order to begin your research.  If it is not settled soon, then you are falling behind.

Russian I

The date of your next quiz has been set.  This will fall on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.  Today in class we spent our time going over the topics which will be covered on the quiz.  I will be giving you all an exercise packet on Friday/Monday which will help you to prepare.  For tonight, your priority is your speaking assignment.  On Friday/Monday, all members of the class will present.  If your partner is absent, I will be your partner.  I will use the five point rubric to grade this assignment, but it will be a bit more expanded and precise since we've got a lot more preparation time.

If you need me, please come and see me tomorrow or Friday to ask for that help.

All of you got progress reports - if you need to, see me.  You know what you need to do, just let me know that it's happening.

No comments: