Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Homework for B-Day Students: 20 March

We are drawing to the end of the quarter very quickly. Be sure that your final assignments are complete and that you are turning in everything!

AP Seminar

Today was great! I enjoyed having you take me through your outlines and arguments. I love what I'm seeing and the interesting investigations that you are pursuing. I hope that you all enjoyed the elevator pitches - it's so interesting to me the various topics and questions we're exploring.

Remember that all assignments will be completed on Friday. You'll do your conference/pitch then if you did not today in class. IWA drafts will be assessed when we return from break. Be sure that you're also working through your IMPOD too!

Advanced Russian

We focused on exercises today in order to understand some key grammatical points before taking time at the end of class to finish our interpretive listening activities and work on our vocabulary projects. Tonight I would recommend to Russian II students to finish collecting your research for your weather report (today, tomorrow, and yesterday in Russia and Durham) and to read the weather reports at the beginning of Chapter Seven as an example of how to structure this information.

Russian III students should complete the planning for the recipe project and begin speaking. Remember that you should be using modals and food vocabulary as you are completing this work!

Make sure that your grade is reflective of where you want it to be!

Russian I

Today in class we did a lot of work related to culture - especially how Russians live. We'll finish our cultural investigation on Friday and watch the Russian/Soviet apartment that I lived in my first summer in Moscow. Tonight and moving into Friday it's important to get all of your final work submitted including viewing guides for our most recent film and the projects (plans and writing). I like that I have a lot of work to get through from you all on my desk.

I'll continue to accept work through class on Friday. Be sure that if anything is missing or low, that you have completed it or reassessed. I'll also keep taking rubles.

No comments: