Your homework is to read the essay by Toni Morrison. As you read, answer the questions:
- What is her opinion of Huck Finn and why?
- Do you agree with her opinion? Why or why not? (Use textual evidence.)
The text at the top of the page that got cut off is as follows:
- "Then, in the mid-fiftes, I read it again--or sort of read it. Actually I..."
- "...some,' tolls like an evening bell; the moments when nothing is said,"
Other upcoming work due and assessments:
- Rough drafts due Friday, December 11th.
- Huck Finn test on Tuesday, December, 15th.
Students with pre-excused absences, I will create a new blog post for you next week with links to all the PDFs and materials you need to get caught up.
You have no homework for next class unless you are missing work on your progress reports. There will be a quiz on Persepolis next Wednesday, covering image analysis and vocabulary. There will be a quiz on apostrophes and grammar on Tuesday, December 15.
For those of you missing the paragraph, here is the prompt:
How was your childhood similar and different from Marji's childhood? Write a well-developed paragraph (with topic sentence, evidence, explanation, and conclusion) comparing and contrasting your childhood with Marji's. Include examples from your life and the text. Be sure to include one example of something you have in common and of something different between you.