Thursday, October 30, 2014

Homework for A-Day Students: 10/30/2014

Technically this is your homework for the weekend since I won't see you all until Monday.

Russian II

This weekend you have two goals to complete for our class.  First, I'd like for each of you to write a study plan for Russian.  This plan will detail what you will do for an additional thirty minutes to an hour each day of the week to improve your Russian.  This time is meant to be spent outside of any homework assignments that I give you.  I would like for you to plan out each day of the week (Sunday to Saturday).  Have an activity that you will do each day to improve your Russian.  For example:
On Sunday I will watch one episode of Орел и Решка, write down five new vocabulary words from the episode and learn them by Wednesday.
On Wednesday I will quiz myself on my five new words.  I will put them in all cases or conjugate them.  Then I will meet with Mr. Miller to check my work.
In addition you have exercises on ASPECT to keep practicing.  Use Exercises 6-11 as practice.  You must complete exercises 12 and 13 for credit.  Do them on the back of the sheet since it's blank or on a separate sheet of paper.

Russian I

You also have your study plan to write.  Please follow the outlined procedure above.  In addition, you have several exercises on possession, the accusative case, and the prepositional case.  For possession, use exercises 84, 85, and 86 as practice.  Complete exercise 87 following the example.  For prepositional case, use exercise 10, 11, and 12 as practice.  Complete exercises 9 and 13.  Lastly, for accusative case, use exercise 4 and 6 as practice, complete exercise 5.

With all of these exercises there will be a lot of words you don't know.  That's ok.  Focus on putting the words in the parenthesis in the required cases.  Write out the sentences.

English II

No homework tonight since you took a test in class.  If the test was difficult - consider why; for many of you, being more engaged in class and in activities will make a big difference.  For 90 minutes every other day you have to be present and active.  It's not too much to ask.
 

No comments: