Monday, January 10, 2011

Homework - 10 January

Freshmen:

In looking at your warm-up checks today, it seems like some of you either aren't reading or you aren't reading as closely as you need to. Tonight, for homework you'll need to read chapter eight of A Separate Peace. It may be a good idea for some of you to go back and reread chapter seven before moving on to chapter eight. Make sure that you pay attention to vocabulary and keep up with your bookmarks as you're reading.

Seniors:

Tonight for homework I would like for you to listen to this episode of This American Life. As you listen, make note of things that are interesting to you. I'd like to start class on Tuesday by discussing this piece with you. If we don't have class until Wednesday, then we'll just have the Pub activity.

With this post, I'd like for you to comment with what you're bringing for the Pub activity. I'm bringing cups, plates, and napkins as well as tea for everyone to drink. If you'd like something other than tea, bring some soda for the group. When you're cooking/shopping, remember that you need to bring enough for 34 people.

Keep up with this to know what the schedule is. As of now, it looks like we'll have school tomorrow. But who knows...

12 comments:

Chelsea Grier said...

I will bring Chips and Napkins.

Daniel Miller said...

Awesome! Don't worry about bringing napkins, I'll have that covered.

brianna ali said...

brownies

Unknown said...

I'll bring a 2- Liter of Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke

Mia said...

I'll bring cookies

Unknown said...

Ill bring some brownies

Unknown said...

I'll bring chips

Unknown said...

I'll bring cupcakes.

Kendra Jones said...

I will bring Lemonade

Unknown said...

I can bring Oreos!

Also, when you said Mr. Parsons I totally thought of Mr. Wopsle...oops. This project just got a lot more interesting

Unknown said...

i'll bring cupcakes as well

Daniel Miller said...

FYI - I really like carrot cake cupcakes :)