Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Grades and Wrap Up...

Freshmen and Seniors:

For the most part, I have grades ready for you. Some of you have come to see me about redoing some final assignments to earn a few extra points. Some of you are missing a major assignment, and I have contacted a majority of you about this. Friday will be the last day to make anything up for this grading period. I'm also available on Thursday afternoon (12-2:30) if you would like to come then.

Tomorrow's schedule has me meeting after the 4th period exam with 3rd period for lunch, 1B and then 2B. This will provide a chance for Seniors, and B-day students to make up missing work, redo past assignments, or even play games. I'm bringing Apples to Apples. I know not all of you will be in class tomorrow; especially those of you exempt from your 4th period exam.

The next time that I will be seeing all Freshmen will be on the 25th of January. This will be an A day and the start of a new semester. I will be handing back your essays on this day, and I will inform you of some important changes for this quarter. You will begin your new classes for the second semester on this day: new third and fourth period. In A Separate Peace, I am expecting that everyone be finished with chapter eight. I encourage you to read ahead. The end of the novel moves pretty quickly, and once you see Gene leave Leper out there...you really just want to finish to see what's going to happen.

We will be picking up the pace with this novel as we move to its denoument. Don't forget that you have projects on A Separate Peace. This will be your first major test grade of the third nine weeks! Make it count!


No comments: