Wednesday, March 18, 2020

March 18 - Update - DPS Announcement

Dear Students,

I hope that you all are doing well during this time. I know that my own anxieties have been activated over the last few days, but I'm doing what I can in order to mitigate those worries and keep myself and others safe and healthy. I've been reading outside, doing some work to set up these next few weeks for us, and spending time with Zoe.

Durham Public Schools has given us further guidance about what instruction will look like during this time. We teachers are not permitted to give grades for assignments given or collected during this time. This is a time for us to focus on reviewing the information and skills we have already learned. For this reason I am suspending the assignments already given to you all. All of the work that was to be collected to close out the third quarter will be collected at a later date. I would suggest that you finish these assignments quickly (if you can) so that you can submit them to be scored at a later date.

Beginning on Monday I will start to post lessons/activities/materials in our various Google Classroom pages. I will also post a schedule of my availability via phone, Google Hangout, and Zoom conference for those of you who need to ask questions or would like to review the activities with me. I will give you feedback for whatever you submit, but no grades will be given during this time.

If you have assignments from earlier in the quarter that you would like to resubmit, please wait until we have further guidance about grades during this quarter. I will collect any work, but I will not be able to issue grades until I have further feedback about this situation.

As always, please reach out if you need something. I'll do what I can!

DM

No comments: