Thursday, September 12, 2013

Quite the Day Today. 9/12/2013

Today was quite the day at Jordan High School.  I don't know where all of you evacuated to during third period, but I want to say a special thanks to my 3A Russian class for staying together, staying calm, and following instructions.  Спасибо!  AP Students, this update is especially important for all of you.

AP English III

With today's evacuation we did not have fourth period so Monday's class is going to become Wednesday's class to make sure that all students are in the same place in the calendar.  You should still put in and hopefully finish "The Over Soul" this weekend.  The extra day will be great for you to review it before class and to write down any questions which you're going to ask in class during our seminar.  You've also got some time to work on your vocabulary bookmarks.  I will want to collect one of those from you soon, be sure to go through Emerson thoroughly as he's got a highly elevated diction in his writing.

If you need the link to the article, see last class's post.  If you need a paper copy, please see me tomorrow to collect one.  4A - You will get your essays back on Monday and we will have today's class then.  2A - We will have an enrichment day on Monday.  I look forward to that with you.  It may also give us a chance to read a bit more together.

If you have any questions, please come see me tomorrow.

Russian I

I want all of you to think of this first quiz as a challenge.  Even if you did very well, there are still places where all of you can improve.  Focus on reviewing your handwriting very thoroughly as we go through the weekend.  We will begin with a speaking and culture activity on Monday and Tuesday.  I wanted to give 3A the handout today, but we were busy evacuating and not only did I leave my phone and car keys in the classroom, I left your handouts too.  I'll get these to you tomorrow morning during our short time together (see below).

To those of you who did not perform as well as you had hoped on the quiz, I especially want you to practice and study and review.  Remember that language needs to be experienced daily.  Over the weekend, it's your job to expose yourself to Russian!  Write your name, review your alphabet, listen to recordings as you look at your handouts and notes.  Remember that I'm also available during some lunches, before and after school for help and to review.

Here's that film we watched today in class.  I hope that you all enjoyed the beauty of Moscow.  Those of you in 3A - you're among the few people who know why I don't chew gum.  Congratulations.


All Students

Mr. Leathers will be calling tonight about tomorrow's schedule.  We are starting with 3A and then going to our normal schedule.  This will allow you to collect any belongings you left behind.  We will be in 3A only for 10 minutes.


No comments: