Friday, September 20, 2013

Homework for the Weekend - 9/20/2013

I forgot to post this before I left the building, so I'm taking care of this from my kitchen table.  Then I'm going out for my run as I hope the clouds don't open up on me.

AP English III

Over the weekend you should begin reading Dr. Martin Luther King, Junior's "Letter from a Birmingham City Jail."  This piece is quite lengthy and will take you some time to get through; that's why we won't be discussing this piece until Thursday.  You can find the piece in 50 Essays or at this link.  As you read this piece keep track of Transcendentalism and the Over Soul.  You'll see a lot of that here.  Also, continue looking at your vocabulary sheets.  I will be collecting those next week.  Enjoy this piece, it's one of the most important things written in the twentieth century.

Russian I

Over the weekend you need to prepare for your presentations on Tuesday/Wednesday.  In addition, you should work through the worksheets I gave you today on Russian naming customs and on the distinction between formal and informal.  You'll see a lot of that information on your test on Thursday and Friday.  Be ready.  Study.  Ask for help if you need it!

No comments: