Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Homework for 9/18/2013 - A Day Classes

Students!  I hope that your Wednesday has been as wonderful as mine!  Lots of stimulating conversation in my AP classes and some amazing progress in our Russian speaking ability in class too!  Keep moving forward!  Never stay still!

AP English III

Tonight you have two key tasks to prepare you for our class on Friday.  First, I would like for you to read an annotate the excerpted version of The Grapes of Wrath which I gave you in class.  The text is from my own copy so you can see how I annotate a text.  As you work through the four excerpts, I want you to "find the Over Soul" -- How do you see Emerson's philosophy reflected by the characters and scenes I've given you.  Focus on the five essential elements of Transcendentalism as well as our discussion to get you through this.

In addition, you need to read Henry David Thoreau's "Where I Lived and What I Lived For" which is in 50 Essays or available at this link.  Remember to use this as an outgrowth of our discussion of Emerson.  How is Thoreau living the philosophy?  Where are some issues related to practicality?

I look forward to another hearty discussion on Friday!

Russian I

Tonight you need to all practice your reading, writing, and phonics.  Practice the lines in your skit.  If you're still having trouble with the alphabet - then continue to study that.  Your test is coming next week!  You need to be ready.  If you're having serious trouble, then come see me so that I can help.  Remember, I can't learn it for you.  You've got to do it for yourself.

No comments: