Sunday, May 13, 2012

Apologies that this post is late...

With my first period class being a bit out of whack with AP Exams, I completely forgot to post the homework for the weekend.  Here we go:

AP English III:

We're still in a period of the year where B-day is ahead of A-day due to the schedule.  Tomorrow (Monday the 14th) B-day students will be doing their discussion circle groups for the first four sets of stories.  Make sure that all members of your group are prepared to lead a dynamic conversation about the story or stories.  I look forward to seeing how you all teach the class and create knowledge for yourselves.  Make sure that you have your finalized outline, learning objectives and essential questions, as well as your multiple choice questions ready for the discussion groups.

A-day students, I'll be seeing you on Tuesday for our discussion of "The Lives of the Dead" - please have this read and annotated before class on Tuesday morning.

Wednesday is the AP Exam, first thing in the morning.  I'll be holding a review session/preparation session on Tuesday afternoon.  I think that this would also be a great time to take our class photo.  Please plan on coming to my room right at 2:30 so that we can take our photo.  You can then leave or stay for the study session.

English I:

This week coming up you all have extra credit assignments due for me.  Remember that there are two options for the extra credit:  the extra credit journals as well as the pamphlet/letter.  The journals will factor in as a homework grade and the pamphlet/letter will factor in as a test grade.  I hope that all of you complete at least one portion of this to improve your standing in class.  Remember, extra credit can only help you.

For the weekend, you should be focused on your poetry projects and your extra credit projects.  The poetry projects are coming due soon and I haven't seen that many of you for feedback.  Please come and see me this week during lunch to get my review of your poems and written work.  Also, make sure that you've been practicing your memorized poem for our poetry slam.  

Lastly, you all have your progress reports.  There are only a few days left in the quarter.  If you're missing something, the time is now to get it taken care of.  No late/make-up work will be accepted past the 21st of May.  This means you have one week.

No comments: