Thursday, May 3, 2012

Homework for the Weekend - 5/3 and 5/4

AP English III:

I won't be seeing most of you A-day students until Wednesday due to the fact that many of you have an AP exam on Monday morning.  We'll end up being a day behind B-day, which is fine because we'll meet up on the other side.  For the weekend be sure that you've read and annotated the following stories from The Things They Carried:  "Speaking of Courage," "Notes," "In the Field," and "The Ghost Soldiers."  This only leaves one more story that we will read as a whole group - if you want to go ahead and finish the book, I invite you to do so.  My goal is that B-day students will work through these four stories on the 8th and A-day students will do these stories on the 9th.  I should then see all of you in B-day on the 10th and again, barely any of you for A-day, on the 11th because of the AP US History exam.

Be sure that you keep up with your assignments during this time.  Get plenty of sleep and avoid stress.  Remember that cramming before an exam is not always the best idea.

English I:

Over the weekend I would like for all of you to continue working on your poetry projects.  At this point you should have at least one of your own poems written.  I want you to spend this weekend working on your mini-essay.  I'll be available next week after school to take a look at drafts of this assignment to give you extra feedback.  The presentations for these projects will be on the 25th (A-day) and the 29th (B-day) make sure that you're prepared especially with your memorization.  I hope that by this point most of you have the majority of your poem memorized.

The other work that I'd like for you to do this weekend relates to your extra credit project.  The projects will be collected the week of the 14th.  For the weekend, answer question fifteen in your reading journals.  Make sure to answer the question thoroughly by writing at least two complete paragraphs in response to the question. 

Enjoy your weekend everyone!  My neighborhood is having a block party this weekend called "Cinco de Blocko" - should be a fun time :)

No comments: