Monday, November 28, 2011

First Monday after a break is always a day...

I don't know about all of you but I'm a bit wiped out after today.  The first day back after a long break or a long weekend is especially rough, but I think the one after Thanksgiving is one of the hardest.  Anyway, here are the reminders to prepare for tomorrow.

AP English III:


Today I just did a quick check of your annotations.  It's clear to me that some of you haven't read the ending of the book as thoroughly as you needed to.  I hope that the web activity today helped to open up this ending.  My plan for Wednesday/Thursday is that we will begin to develop some more of the overarching themes of the book out of the motifs that we have been working with throughout.  On Friday/Monday I will collect your novels and you will have your quest on The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.  This annotation check will be more thorough than todays.  Go back, reread, reannotate.


For tonight you should put in some serious time on your websites.  I checked in over break and saw some paltry pages.  I'm hoping that toward the end of break you got more content in there.  I will begin to take a second look at websites Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  Remember that this weekend is your final weekend on these projects.  I want to redirect all of you back to the project outline document found here.  Look especially at the requirements with each section of the site.  Lastly on the topic of the website projects, please use each other to peer edit your work.  I am more than happy to look at things, but you all need to self-evaluate and peer-evaluate.  Help each other out!

English I:


I was really happy with what was going on today in our discussion of Animal Farm.  I want to continue with this momentum.  For Wednesday/Thursday I want to be sure that you all read and understand chapter four of the novel.  Remember to use your reading questions to help your understanding.  As you read, keep looking for vocabulary because the bookmarks are due on Friday/Monday.

About the bookmarks, they can be words that are completely new to you, words that could be slang, or words that you may know but don't feel confident.  The goal here is to build your working vocabulary. Remember to write down the word, the page number, and the definition in your own words.  A thesaurus is a good tool for this.

Lastly, Friday/Monday we are going to have our quiz on allegory, "The Golden Kite, the Silver Wind," and the beginnings of Animal Farm.  It may be a good idea to go back and reread/reexamine the story since we did study it before break.

No comments: