Monday, April 27, 2020

End of Phase 2 - Week Four - 27 April 2020

Good Morning Students,

Welcome to the final week of Phase 2 and the end of April. It certainly has been an interesting month. Who would have been able to guess back in August that this is how we would be ending our school year. Below, I've outlined the assignments that I've posted for you all to complete this week. As in previous weeks I'm available for you all from 1-3 PM for Office Hours as well as from 10-11 AM for AP Research Office Hours.

AP Research

We should be finishing our academic paper at this time and building a plan for final submission by the deadline. I've posted a great video on Google Classroom related to justifying your new argument or understanding. There are other plenty of great videos given by College Board to help you finish up too.

I'm available during Office Hours for you all week. Be sure that if you're ready to do a final review of your paper, that you schedule time with me so that we can read it over together.

AP Literature

I'll be making a lot of grade changes today to your S1 grades. You should see these in PowerSchool once I make them, and I already emailed most of you to let you know of the changes to your scores. This week, I thought we should do something a bit on the fun side. I love that so many of you have been reading on your own over this time away from school. I'm getting emails saying that some of you have read two or three books so far, so let's share some book art.

On Google Classroom you'll find the assignment to complete. It's the same idea as the Book Pamphlets which we discussed before leaving. I've reposted the assignment in Google Classroom and welcome your submissions.

Russian I

I've posted the Unit Assessment for Unit 3 on Google Classroom. This assessment will review the use and creation of adverbs as well as plurals in the nominative case. There are also some DuoLingo assignments that have been unlocked for you which relate to vocabulary skills that have been covered in our textbook so far. Please submit all work via Google Classroom or DuoLingo

Advanced Russian


In Google Classroom I have posted Unit Assessments for Russian II (Chapter Seven) and Russian III (Chapter Nine). There is no assessment for Unit 12 as the assessment is usually covered in the Final Examination for the year. In addition, on DuoLingo there are several additional exercises unlocked for you which deal with related grammar and vocabulary topics. Assignments can be submitted via Google Classroom as well as DuoLingo.

AP Students - Don't forget to login and check your College Board account information. Be sure that your email address is accurate as well your phone number. Exams will begin soon and you need to be sure that you are getting the most accurate information to access your at-home exams.


No comments: