Friday, May 1, 2020

End of the Week - May 1, 2020 - Updates/Announcements

Dear Students,

As we begin the month of May, I wanted to reach out with one of my weekly updates. As always, I hope that you are doing well mentally and physically. Remember to try to spend time each day making yourself glad and reflecting on what you find to be thankful for in your life right now.

AP Examinations are coming this month. I've posted a video in Google Classroom for those of you who want a bit of help navigating the new process for this year. Remember that you need your "AP E-Ticket" for each examination, and you need to be logged in thirty minutes before the exam begins. The AP English Literature examination will be held on May 13 at 2:00 PM. I'll continue to review any work that you submit on AP or Google Classroom to prepare you for the examination. AP Research papers are due to Digital Portfolio by the 26th of May.

Russian students - With this week, and the assignments and information I've posted, we have completed the work in our courses for Russian I, II, III, and IV. In the following weeks I will continue to post assignments and tasks for you in order to reinforce your skills with Russian. We'll also be interacting with more Russian texts (songs, stories, poems, videos) in order to stretch ourselves a bit. I will also keep posting lessons for you in DuoLingo.

This week I've started a new book (already about halfway done with it), and I've realized that my coffee consumption has gone WAY up while I've been at home. There's nothing stopping me from just making another pot of coffee these days. I'm also enjoying my runs or mini-workouts on days when it rains.

Continue to take care of yourselves and others. I miss you all! Grades have been finalized for Q3 at this point and all grade changes have been made.


No comments: