Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Homework for A-Day Classes: 23 October 2018

AP English III

I'm going to go over your tasks for next class and the week ahead in order of priority. Be sure to complete all of these tasks as we prepare for the end of the quarter.

  1. Resubmit your essay if you need to. All that I need is the new draft and the old draft. I'll rescore and change your scores in PowerSchool this weekend.
  2. Read and annotate Act IV of The Crucible as you finish reading, consider what Miller's overall themes and arguments are. Look back over your topics and motifs and consider how some of these ideas interact with each other in order to create meaning.
  3. Are you seeing any parallels to Skeleton Crew? I think it's important to draw connections here as we move forward in to our later texts and unit.
  4. Have you done your close reading of your selected text and seen the social commentary? Be sure that you have uploaded your annotations and analysis to your websites. If you're having issues with uploading content, I'll be able to help you on Thursday during our workshop.
Be aware that the website projects will be presented on or around November 8th. It's important that you begin to finish your work here so that you can edit and perfect your final product.

English IV

We'll be finishing up with Act I of A Doll's House very soon. Likely next class. I'm very proud of the work that all of you did today with your essays. I'll have them scored over the weekend for you all. Tonight, you should begin to work on your study guide for Act I. Can you answer these questions? Try to answer all that you can based on what we've seen and read so far. This is a good look at the type of questions that I will have you answer on your Act I quiz.

No comments: