Monday, March 16, 2009

Peer Editing

Today in class you were given another student's paper. These rough drafts of the definition essay are your homework for tonight. Your job is to go through each line of the paper, and mark it up. Give the writer suggestions as to how to improve their essay. Don't just focus on grammar mistakes - give comments on the overall strengths and weaknesses in the essay.

I recommend that you use the rubric on the assignment sheet to grade the essay and look for places to improve. You should give the essay back to the writer on Wednesday (A day) and Thursday (B day).

Do not lose your partner's paper. Protect it in the same way you would your own child. If you lose your partner's paper you will get a zero for your rough draft. If you don't get your paper back by Wednesday/Thursday - look at the roster posted on the wall outside my room to see who has your paper. Feel free to harrass them all you want.

9 comments:

Casey Harris said...

I was sick today so I didnt come to school so is there anyone that I can switch papers with to edit?

Daniel Miller said...

Yes - I just need to get a paper from them.

Lucas Reed said...

will you be available after school tomorrow to look over my paper with me??

Daniel Miller said...

Lucas - I'm in DC until Sunday. Come and see me Monday during study hall.

Anonymous said...

oh right haha sorry
okay i will see you monday

ivan said...

How long does the essay have to be?

Daniel Miller said...

500-750 words.

J.S.C.II said...

the day we handed the papers in i thought it was due in class && when i came after to finish my test there wasnt anyone to switch with. so who should i give it to.

[i was going to tell you this friday but you werent there]

Daniel Miller said...

You should have posted a comment before now - obviously I replied and used this blog before now. You'll have to turn in a final draft tomorrow. You can see me in the morning or at A lunch for some last minute help - but I am not accepting late papers for this excuse.