Thursday, March 12, 2009

Homework for the weekend

I really hate giving you homework over the weekend after a test - unfortunately, that's how the cards fell this month. Your homework is to finish your rough draft of your definition essay. Turn this into the box on Monday/Tuesday. You will be getting either a pass or fail grade for this assignment. If you turn in something - you pass. If you turn in nothing - you fail.

Also, we will have DPS Benchmark Exams on Monday and Tuesday. I, unfortunately, do not have a study guide for you. If you spend time reviewing your notes from the beginning of the year to now, you should be well prepared. This test will focus on reading comprehension and grammar. Be sure you study your warm-ups and literary terms!

Leave a comment if you have any questions.

11 comments:

Casey Harris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casey Harris said...

I have C lunch tomorrow so i was wondering if I could come then to make up my test or if you would rather me come after school to finish it.

Daniel Miller said...

After school. I'll be there til 3.

ivan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ok so i need help b/c i have my outline but i didn't do the 2nd body paragraph and now i forgot what goes in it as in...

III. Body Paragraph 2
A. ?
B. ?
C. ?

etc.

help?

Daniel Miller said...

The second and third body paragraph are going to be similar to the first in structure. First you need a topic sentence, then a strong example, then you need to explain to the reader how the example you have described shows your definition of your term.


Does that clarify things?

Anonymous said...

yeah..but it does have to be an example within romeo and juliet correct?

casey stocking said...

umm i wasnt at school the day that we did the work with the outline so could you tell me the jist of how the paper is laid out?

Daniel Miller said...

Anita - Two of your paragraphs must use examples from Romeo and Juliet. One paragraph may be a personal example.

Casey - I am talking about the definition essay, you should have already done the pre-writing and you should have the assignment sheet. Turn in a rough draft tomorrow and then we can conference about it tomorrow after school.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Miller. I have a question. For the rough draft, do they have to be typed or can they be hand-written? And for the make-up test, what time should I come tomorrow to make it up because I have C lunch.

Daniel Miller said...

They can be hand written. I'll be giving Benchmarks tomorrow so you can come during C lunch - just be very quiet.