Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Homework for 1/10 and 1/11

AP English III:

You have a few things to work on tonight as we move toward finishing the quarter.  First, I would like to remind you to finish The Catcher in the Rye.  We'll have probably our final discussion on the novel on Thursday/Friday before moving forward to begin our next major piece.  In connection to finishing Catcher I'd like for you to read the piece called "Why Don't We Complain" by William F. Buckley.  This can be found in 50 Essays or at the following link.  Read this thoroughly and annotate it.  Pay particular attention to the argument that Buckley presents and the way in which he goes about proving that argument.

Lastly, papers.  I've been seeing a lot of you this week to conference.  Please keep coming to see me.  I like that I can see a lot of movement with these papers and from talking to a lot of you, it seems as though you're really getting into this new kind of academic writing.  We will continue this type of writing with not a lot of pause as we will shortly begin working on our research papers.

English I:

On Thursday/Friday we will have our quarterly vocabulary quiz on words from Animal Farm - please use the list that I gave you last week to prepare for this.  We will also be having our Animal Farm unit examination on Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.  You should all begin preparing for this if you haven't yet done so.  I'll be giving you a study guide on Thursday/Friday that you can use over the weekend to prepare.

As well for all of you, papers.  Please keep writing and revising.  A lot of you are coming to see me, which is a really good thing.  I'll be collecting your final drafts next week.  Don't miss an opportunity to show how your skills have improved this year.

No comments: