Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Day Before the End of the Quarter

Alrighty - we're hitting that halfway point.  Keep the momentum going into third and fourth quarter.  Be aware that things are only going to get more difficult from here on out.

AP English III:

Students, you have your final papers due tomorrow.  I am very excited about reading these and giving you some feedback as to your overall improvement in your writing.  Today in class I gave you an envelope into which you will put all of your supporting documents.  Below is the list of what to turn in and how I want it.
  • Please STAPLE the following together in the following order:
    • Cover sheet
    • Final Draft
    • Bibliography
    • Rubric
  • Include any rough drafts, especially the one from peer editing day.
  • The Google Docs survey which I will give you on Thursday/Friday.
On Thursday/Friday we'll discuss the last chapter and finish watching Pleasantville.

English I:

Today you had your Animal Farm exam.  I hope that you all felt prepared and successful on this test.  Tomorrow you will have your district test so that I and the powers that be downtown can see how well you're doing on meeting this course's reading goals.  By this point you know the types of questions that you are going to be asked, I would focus on reviewing your notes and looking at your test taking strategies.

You all also have an essay due on Thursday/Friday.  Here is the order in which I would like it submitted.
  • Final Draft
  • Rubric
  • Rough Draft from Peer Editing
    • All of these things should be stapled together in this order.  You may bring your papers to the box, but I would prefer that you turn them in to me in class.
I will see all of you on Thursday/Friday for the end of the quarter!  Finish strong!

No comments: