Monday, May 15, 2023

15 May - Kicking off the Week

English 10

We had a strange day today with the Biology SOL and the long second period, so we watched a movie. I hope that you enjoyed watching Persepolis. I really love watching this film and seeing the way in which the comic book is turned into an animated film. You'll be writing a review of the film soon, so I hope that you were able to develop a strong opinion and find evidence to support that opinion.

Next class we'll return to the book. We've got a few chapters left to read and study, and then we'll finish up with our major project - our own comic book. Looking forward to next time!

AP Language

Today was the day for the Style Writing reassessment of skill. To complete this, we wrote two letters - one to me and one to Trevor Packer (mister bigshot at College Board). You reflected on your experience with the exam, with class, and gave me some words of wisdom. This is always one of my most favorite assignments to read. You should see the scores change in SIS throughout the week as I review your letters.

Remember that this week is the end of the Choice Board and Quarter 4. We'll be starting our Bridge Assignment on Friday, and that's technically a final examination task. Be sure that you have completed all items and have had your conferences. If you need additional time, please reach out. I'll be sending progress reports next week as a summation of the course.

No comments: