Thursday, December 19, 2019

Homework for B-Day Students: 19 December

It's the final B-Day of the year and of the decade! It's crazy to think that for the past decade I've been teaching here at Jordan. It's been great! I hope that all of you have a wonderful Winter Break! Celebrate, relax, have fun, and hope for snow - I certainly miss snowy winters.

AP Literature

There's no homework assigned over break. I would highly suggest working a bit on your poetry projects - especially around the memorization. There are plenty of ways to do this; I always write the poem a lot and then listen to it a lot. That's how my memory works.

When we return from break we're going to finish our poetry unit pretty quickly. We will also move into Twelfth Night by Shakespeare. I prefer the Folger edition for the notes more than any other if you're looking to purchase a copy over break (or ask Hanukkah Harry for one).

See you in 2020!

AP Research

Today was our workday to end the year. I hope that all of you were able to get a lot of things done as we move through our goals and toward Winter Break. Remember that over the break you should be focused on your tasks - build a bit of time each day to work on your QUEST. This is a great time to write and collect data. Get started to make the future easier for you.

I'll be checking your PREP folders on Monday, December 23rd. Refer to the slides below for the eight elements that I'll be checking. Some elements are for completion but some, like your reflections, will be graded for quality as well as completion.


Enjoy the break! I can't wait to see what you discover in 2020!

No comments: