Friday, April 26, 2019

Weekend Work - B Day - 26 April 2019

We are almost done with April, which means that the last few classes of the year are upon us. Be sure that you're making clear progress toward our final goals for all of our classes.

AP Seminar

It was all about the exam today! EOC A and EOC B. I hope that you appreciated my strategies and tips for success. Today I unveiled to you one of my favorite things - the dirty outline. If you like it, great, if not, find something else.

This weekend I want you to do your planning for EOC B. Come in to class with your "planning" - Have what you would need to write your assignment. Also, time yourself, remember you only have 90 total minutes.

Next class we'll look at sample items, the scoring rubrics, and sample student responses with commentary so that we know what we're expected to produce.

Advanced Russian

THE AP EXAMINATION FOR RUSSIAN IS ON MAY 1 IN THE MEDIA CENTER. WE WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 9:00 AM. BE EARLY.

Today in class we had time to review short form versus long form adjectives as well as interesting cases of vocabulary meaning related to these words. We also had some time to work on our final projects, and I outlined the requirements for these final projects.

Over the weekend I would spend time with two things. First, I would be sure to review my vocabulary and my skills related to forming and using short-form adjectives. This is where your exercises are really helpful. Be sure that exercises 11.4, 11.5, and 11.6 are complete for next class. Additionally, I would check in on my final project. Have you found your Russian I skills?

Some of you are missing work in the gradebook. The end is coming. Get your things turned in or resubmitted.

Lastly, we'll work on который next week. Read over this brief discussion in your textbook. This link is also a helpful resource.

Russian I

Today we reviewed the process for forming adverbs from adjectives and from nouns before we practiced with dominoes to make our matches. Next class I'll want to see that you can do all of this work. You will have a quiz focused on forming adverbs, vocabulary knowledge, and the use of conjunctions in Russian.

Study our recent class notes and activities. Be prepared for this assessment. Remember that we really have just one more topic left for the whole year.

No comments: