Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Break Announcements!

My break started about twelve minutes ago!  Your breaks will start tomorrow!  Here are all of your tasks to take you through break for all classes.

Russian I

Over break you need to spend time reviewing and learning the vocabulary for chapters one through four.  We will retake the most recent quiz again after break, so thorough vocabulary study will work well for that.  I'm posting here the links to the audio files for the vocabulary.


For the most part, the vocabulary is at the beginning of the chapter.  You will be held responsible for vocabulary in chapters one through four after the break.  Make sure to find ways to make this meaningful - label things in your house, use the vocabulary daily.  The more you interact with it, the more you'll actually learn.

AP English III

Over the break you will need to finish your reading and annotating of Invisible Man.  Also, I would suggest putting forth work on your motif projects which I gave to you today.  These projects aren't due until the 29th of April - so the week after we return.  I would like to see a lot of you the week after we return with drafts and ideas for this project so that we can review them together.

Furthermore, remember that when we return on 4/21 we will have a SYNTHESIS timed writing and I'll be checking your journals.

Honors English II

Over the break you should acquire yourselves a copy of Elie Wiesel's Night and work on the final drafts of your change essays.  Remember that these are due from you by the 24th, the day after our field trip.  I have given you this due date so that it is impossible to procrastinate (though I'm sure some of you still will).  I'll have the rubric for you on the 22nd so that you can use that to make some final tweaks.

ESL English III

You don't have any homework over the break to complete.  We will also be reading Night by Elie Wiesel, if you would like to get a copy and start reading before we return, that would be a good idea.

With that - I'm off to South America!  I won't be able to be reached past tomorrow morning so if you have an e-mail or a question, best to ask it sooner rather than later!

No comments: