Friday, December 20, 2013

Work over Break - AP English III and Russian I - 12/20/2013

Time for the last post of 2013!  To all my students - I hope that you have a wonderful and restful break!

AP English III

As you know you have your website projects and your completion of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.  I'll be checking in on your websites sporadically over break, not for a grade but just to see how things are coming.  Remember that I'm only an e-mail away.  Feel free to drop me a question and I'll respond as quickly as I can.  Anywhere I'm going to be over break will have Internet access.

Enjoy the ending of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, it's hard to find a book with a happy ending in high school; this is the best that I can do.

Russian I

Over break you have two things to complete for sure, but many of you have additional tasks too.  I need for all of you to be confident and sure in your abilities to decline adjectives, nouns, and pronouns in all six cases.  When we return from break we will continue to move forward with our content which requires that these declensions are firm in your wheelhouse.  Make flashcards of endings, drill yourself, use some of the internet resources below to help too.

You have your writing project as well as your extra credit to complete over break.  The extra credit is due on the 7th/8th and the project is due on the 9th/10th.  Remember that for the project you can send me as many drafts as you need to in order to get a perfect score, which all of you can attain.  Use your notes!  Learn your cases (notice how everything seems to come back to that).  Also, use vocabulary from the course, don't rely on Google at all, many times it will give you a word which you don't know how to use yet.

Here are some good resources for help in Russian.  Use these!

Master Russian - This site offers grammar outlines as well as sample exercises to quiz yourself and check your understanding.  This site is exhaustive and goes over all topics all the way back to the alphabet and handwriting.  This site also has a link to a java Russian keyboard so that you can type, and then copy/paste your content from the website to your word document.

Russia Today - Language - I don't know much about this site but it comes from a really good source.  There are lessons and activities on this page which will help for a variety of topics.  Remember to focus on the topics we've covered in class.  Explore a bit if you want, but stay focused on shoring up your skills to this point!


No comments: