Monday, April 24, 2023

24 April

AP Language

Great day in AP Language land as we kicked off Unit 6 - Our Choice Board! This unit is designed to give you ample time to improve your skills in preparation for the AP Examination. Next time I see you, you'll be taking me through your work, showing and explaining your changes, and seeing the development of your skills in real time. Remember that I'm here to support you through all of this. If you get writer's block, let me know. I'm pretty handy with a sledgehammer.

For sake of ease, please submit an artifact of your task here on Schoology. It could be a note, a link to a doc, or whatever. This will help our revision conferences. You can also come in at Lion Time on Tuesday or after school on Wednesday/Thursday if you need me or more time with me. Remember, we have very little time left before the AP Exam.

Next class - Wednesday the 26th - you'll have the Reading SOL in the Aux Gym. Check your email for your seating assignment. Have your charged laptop, your computer charger, and your brains turned on. If you'd like a practice test - you can find one easily on Google. Just look for VA SOL Reading for 11th Grade. There are a few PDF tests out there to get comfortable with questions.

AP Research

We keep on rolling through our presentations with just two left for Thursday's Lion Time. As I'm looking at your work, the only thing I see that needs to be done is some final steps to close out the unit. Please be sure to submit your reflections for Quarter 3/4 to the assignment space. You should answer all of the remaining questions. 

Next class, Wednesday the 26th, we'll be doing some final peer review, turning in a PDF to Digital Portfolio, and using some of the online tools. Please have a draft submitted to DigitalPortfolio before I see you next time. DO NOT SUBMIT UNLESS YOU ARE CONFIDENT THAT YOU ARE DONE! I've submitted all scores for presentations completed. I'm very happy with what you've been doing. Let's finish strong!

No comments: