Wednesday, April 12, 2023

12 April - Out of the Building

AP Language

Good morning all. I very much regret that I had to be away today during your MCQ. I hope that it went well and that you navigated the challenge. I should have everything scored and back to you next week to take us to our final unit of the year to prepare for the AP Examination. 

If you have part of the exam to finish, please email me or see me to schedule a time to get that settled. It is very important that you have your scores and feedback next week as soon as possible. You'll need it to make your plan for the unit and review for the exam.

Please work to submit your vocabulary assignment as soon as you can. It's the final grade of the third quarter. The main thing that I'm looking for is your analysis of the passage and your analysis of the synonyms and the word itself. In your analysis of the grammar in the passage and in the words you should focus on why this word/this structure is appropriate for the style and purpose of the text. That should be your line of reasoning for this assignment - go back to the example and notice how I focused on criminal language throughout all of my analysis.

AP Research

Sorry to be away from you this morning, but a family emergency has called my attention. I should be back with you all next week and am available over email if you need me. Today should be a day for you to be finalizing some of your key tasks and planning for your presentations, which begin next week.

I will schedule presentations with you on Monday in class. Note that we will begin presenting on Wednesday, so I will need a few people to go first. We'll try to run three presentations on Wednesday during class. Remember that while people present, you will have time to finalize your paper, your own presentation, or other tasks as needed.

In the last week of April we will have our final peer review of the paper and review the process for submitting it and checking it on TurnItIn for plagiarism and AI writing. 

If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.

No comments: