Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Wednesday the 24th of February (End of Week 23)

AP Language

If we didn't have the chance to complete our conference today, then I invite you to come and meet on Monday during office hours. Please sign up for slot or email me to reserve a time to meet. Keep in mind that we are moving to the end of the writing process with our research papers. Convert the outline into a draft, and then begin the process of editing and clarifying. Watch out for large paragraphs and look for places to break up the conversation.

Next week we'll begin our reading of Invisible Man. I'm so excited to hear your thoughts and impressions.

English 10

Remember that next week we'll start to finish our unit with our final task - the interpretation. Be sure that your preliminary steps are complete so that you have all that you need to finish this task. 

AP Research

Great work today everyone as we discussed the main methods of organization for qualitative data. Keep in mind that many of you are working with both qualitative and quantitative data in your projects, so it's important to have a clear method and reason for organizing the way that you have. We also took our first foray into analysis as we discussed various methods of statistical analysis. 

You should, hopefully, by the end of this week have enough data collected to begin the process of analysis. Organize your data, use your charts and tables, consider your question and what you are trying to show. Remember to use your Body of Knowledge to justify your choices.

I've uploaded your newest reflection question - POD 1.3 in the Classwork Tab. Next week will mostly be a working week on your own to begin the process of data analysis. Remember that you should have a working draft of your Introduction/Literature Review and Method by the end of this unit for peer review and conferencing.

As always, let me know how I can support you!

All Classes

Remember that Thursday and Friday will be asynchronous for all classes. Your assignments have already been posted, and I also uploaded recordings (as needed) to assist you in completing that work. I will not be available on Thursday, but I may be free to meet on Friday. If you need me, please reach out, and I will do what I can to assist. Progress reports will be sent out on Tuesday morning, next week.

No comments: