Thursday, September 17, 2020

17 September - End of the Week - Blue Day

Good Afternoon Students and Adults!

Today was a day full of reading and thinking. We're also getting more acquainted with our classroom procedures like using our interactive notebooks for our journals and using PearDeck to take daily notes. I also really appreciate all of the help that you offer to each other with finding and accessing materials!

Over the weekend make sure that you have any missing work from Week 1 turned in. I know that getting oriented in online/virtual school is difficult, so I want to make sure that we get the support and time we need. I'll be grading on Sunday and Monday and changing scores. Further reminders are below.

AP Language

We have our Writing Diagnostic this weekend which is our main focus. The diagnostic should take you no more than 40 minutes. Time yourself. Remember that you're just submitting an outline, so don't write a whole essay for me.

Additionally, if you didn't submit your Close Looking Practice, please do so. This is just a simple completion activity so that I can see how you're processing non-print texts.

English 10

Be sure that you complete your Homework Assignment 2 this weekend. It's a document where we will look at our first essay question and break it down to understand it. The assignment is pretty simple, turn it in on Google Classroom. Also, be sure to play with your online textbook more since we'll really use it a lot next class.

Next week we'll start moving into the land of writing more, one of my favorite places to visit. Enjoy your weekend and let me know what I can do to help!

No comments: