Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Homework for A-Day Students: 18 April 2018

Russian Students

Next class we will meet in the library for our Russian language field test. The test will cover listening and reading skills. Remember that the test is not for a grade, it is merely a chance to see what your skills are like and what you can do with the language. I look forward to hearing your feedback on the test.

Russian I

For tonight and on to the weekend you should prepare for a quiz on forming plurals in the nominative case. We've gone through the regular system quite thoroughly by this point - I think that most of you have it down. Continue to focus on learning your vocabulary! This will really help when it comes to forming plurals as well.

Your quiz will fall on Tuesday next week. Remember that I'll also be checking for your homework on that day.

Russian II/III

You will also have a quiz on plurals next week, but it will cover plurals in all cases - including the genitive plural. After our days of review, I think that you all also have a good understanding of how to complete these declensions. For tonight, you should continue to focus on your exercises that I mentioned in the last post. We will have time to review these on Tuesday and keep learning about our new grammar. I'll spend more time with Russian III on Tuesday, so that we can start to get an idea of how to form imperatives a bit more clearly.

English IV

Today we had a visit from a college counselor to go over an option that some of you may not have considered before. I hope that it was helpful for you. Make sure that you have completed your first week worth of work for your novels. I should have an author project, vocabulary card, and reading log from you. These grades have been entered on PowerSchool if you have completed them. Once that is done, you can start working on your character chart, which I outlined today in class.

No comments: