Friday, October 4, 2013

Homework for the Weekend - 10/04/2013

AP English III

You've just passed a major milestone - your first exam with me.  I hope that you felt prepared and confident as you went through your exam.  I look forward to reading your responses and working with you all as you continue to develop your composition skills.  I should get these tests to you by the end of next week.

For the weekend you have no homework.  Please make sure that you get yourselves a copy of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and bring it with you to class on Tuesday.  Remember that a used copy is perfectly acceptable to me and there are several good used book stores in the area; my personal favorite is Nice Price Books on Broad Street, near East Campus.

Russian I

You are starting to now learn about one of the most challenging aspects in the entire Russian language - cases.  There is a steep learning curve here, but you will be able to comprehend this.  Remember that you should study and work with Russian nightly in order to conquer these blocks, and you can see me outside of class for extra help.

Tonight, I want you to apply your knowledge of cases to English with your bridge assignment.  Using the ten sentences, identify which case would be used in the underlined portions.  The number to the side indicates how many cases are at play in the sentence.  We will review this in class on Tuesday/Wednesday as part of our review for our quiz on Thursday/Friday.  Make sure that you spend time this weekend studying and internalizing your vocabulary as that will be a significant portion of your quiz.

No comments: