Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Reminders for the Last Day - Wednesday/Thursday

It's the last day of the quarter!  And Spring Break is finally upon us.  Here are your reminders going in to the final day of the nine weeks.

AP English IV

Our priority for our final class is going to be to finish Twelfth Night.  I have an annotation guide which I wanted you to get to last class after finishing She's the Man, but you didn't get to it.  We may have to push back the outlines and conferences on those outlines depending on how our study of the end of the play goes.  I'm sure we'll be able to work it out though.

AP English III

By the end of the day today (Tuesday) all of you should have put your outlines in my hand or in my e-mail inbox.  If you haven't then you're falling behind on your research paper.  I will be returning these outlines to you with my comments on Wednesday/Thursday so that you can turn around and start writing your essays.  Remember that you will come back to school and immediately sign up for draft conferences.  We'll talk about that when we get back from break. 

For class on Wednesday/Thursday we'll be discussing the most recent chapters in Invisible Man (chapters ten, eleven, and twelve) -- have your motif charts completed as I'll be spot checking them and have these sections read.  You'll likely have a lot of questions on chapter eleven which will really throw you for a loop.

English IV

If you didn't turn in your comparison chart between the movie and the play then I will collect that from you on Wednesday/Thursday -- be sure that you're ready to turn that in.  Like my AP section, our main task is going to be to finish the play.  From there, we'll transition to break and do a bit of survey work so that I can prepare an interesting last quarter for you.

No comments: