Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Homework for 1/15 and 1/16

Sorry for not getting this up earlier; it was just one of those things that I allowed to slip my mind in the mix of everything else.  Here are your reminders for our next class.  A-day students, I'll see you on Thursday.  B-day students, I won't be seeing you until after the four day weekend.

AP English IV

Tonight you have two goals to accomplish.  First you need to study for your Wordskills exam on unit two.  Ms. Rubenstein left me the test and stressed the importance of giving it to all of you for this quarter.  The test is scheduled to take the first thirty to forty minutes of our class.  Following your preparation for the test, secondly, you need to read Philip Larkin's "Church Going" and Lawrence Ferlinghetti's "Constantly Risking Absurdity".  I would also recommend that you review all of the poems that we have read so far as we will be having a Poetry Extravaganza on Thursday!

AP English III

Thank you all for your dedication to your website projects.  Grades for these as well as comments will be available for you on Jupiter Grades.  There are a few things that you all need to accomplish before our next class.  First, finish reading Joyce Carol Oates' "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" for our next class.  I hope that all of you find the story interesting and intriguing.  It's one of my favorites.  I'm looking forward to our discussion to see what you all got from it.  Also, I would like to remind you that we'll be starting our study of The Crucible on Thursday/Tuesday so you will want your copy of that text if you intend to purchase.  I do have copies which you can borrow in the room.

Finally, this nine weeks you are going to write two papers for me.  I would like for you to get started on this first paper today.  You should begin brainstorming your argument and which texts (one major and one minor) you would like to use for this assignment.  I would start this process by considering which of the major texts we read has been your favorite and then go from there to your argument and other text.  I'll be giving out more particulars on this paper next class.

English IV

Those of you who got your papers in have no homework tonight.  If you did not submit your paper today then your last chance is Thursday.  I would like to remind you that you did have a lot of time to get this put together - and I made myself available outside of class for any assistance.  My grades are due on Friday - so I am under a time crunch and need these papers submitted.

Freshman Focus

If you and your partner did not present your lesson today you will be expected to present on Tuesday. I certainly hope that Tuesday goes better than today.  Expect to have new seats.  

No comments: