Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Homework for 3/21 and 3/22

I'm going to flip things around and deal with the Freshmen first and then speak to the Juniors.

English I:

Since we had our cumulative assessment today and since most of you are finishing up your projects - you really have no homework to prepare for Friday/Tuesday's class.  Please take this opportunity to rest before we finish our study of Romeo and Juliet.  I would remind all of you that the last day of the quarter is Friday.  If you have something that needs to be turned in, get it done and get it to me by Friday.

AP English III:

The quarter is essentialy done for all of you today as well with the completion of our timed writing.  I will have these graded for this quarter, but you will likely not get them back until next week.  To prepare for class on Friday/Tuesday I would like for you to be to the end of chapter twenty three.  This is a lengthy chapter, but the novel is moving to its conclusion.  Watch how, as we discussed in class, Ellison is making a lot of his very disparate ideas in the novel collide in interesting and symbolic ways.  These collisions will continue. 

Also, I would like to remind you about the due date for your papers.  When I handed out the assignment forever ago the date on there was the 28th and 29th.  This gives all of you the long weekend to finish your essays and collect all of the required pieces.  I am holding to this due date.  I will be available next Tuesday for any last minute help for A-day students and I'll be free on Wednesday afternoon for last minute help for B-day students.  Plan ahead.  Work hard. 

I think that'll do it.  See you all either Friday or Tuesday.  Enjoy the three day weekend.

No comments: