Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Homework for the Evening - 2/21 and 2/22

This is a bit of an odd week for us what with the delay yesterday and the shortened day yesterday.  Here are your notes about things to take care of before next class.

AP English III:

Today I gave you two very important assignments.  Let's deal with them in the order that they'll be collected.  First, you have your take-home examination.  I want to remind all of you that this is due on the 28th and 29th of February.  These will not be accepted late.  At all.  You have a week, use it.  You should spend a lot of your time this weekend completing this.  I would like for this to be typed, if not typed, please make sure that it's written in ink.  Follow all of the instructions listed on the sheet, be sure that you complete all parts.  Please feel free to ask any questions, but be reminded that I will not look at any drafts.  A final reminder:  Any evidence of cheating, sharing answers, or consulting sources other than your notes, books, or minds will result in a very bad thing.  Be honorable, do your own work. 

Other things:  Your outline rubric goes through what you need to complete for this assignment.  Remember that outlines are due next week on Thursday and Friday.  Feel free to do your outline on Google Documents and share it with me for faster feedback.  If you do this, please title your document FirstName LastName Research Outline Class Period.  This will help me organize my files. 

Lastly, please make sure that you've thoroughly read chapters seven through nine of Invisible Man.  We'll discuss these on Thursday/Monday and then begin moving on to chapter ten.  If you'd like to begin readig chapter ten, that's a good idea, but I would definitately work on your other assignments first.

Lots to do AP kids, see me for help if you need it.

English I:

Tonight I'd like for you to finish reading Act II.  Please read Act II Scene 5 and 6 - complete your who, what, where, and when notes for both scenes.  Also, at the end of the act please answer questions one through five to check your understanding of the Act.  These questions are on page 843.  Keep your notes in your notebooks and your question answers as well.  I will probably check Act II notebooks next class - be prepared!

Also, don't forget that your first check-in on your project is very soon.  None of you have yet asked me for any help, so I assume that everything's fine.

No comments: