Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Homework for 2/1 and 2/2

AP English III:

I was very pleased with our conversation today regarding the first chapter of Invisible Man.  Remember that this will take some time to get used to.  Keep reading.  Your next checkpoint is next week and you need to be to the end of chapter two.  This is a long chapter and will take several attempts to get through.  Be smart, chop up the reading, and do a little bit each night.  Make sure that as you're reading you do fill out those motif charts.

Tonight as well as starting the reading of chapter two I also want you to do a bit of writing for me.  I'd like for you to take a group of sentences from our sentence combination activity on the Battle Royal and create a thorough paragraph using those sentences as your starting point.  Remember to include details from the text and push those sentences to a clear conclusion.  I'll collect this from you at the beginning of class on Friday/Monday.

Other reminders:  Your research questions are due on 2/7 and 2/8.  This is not that far away.  You either need to share a Google document with me or you will need to turn in a hard copy of your question that day. 

English I:

We're nearly done with our first act of Romeo and Juliet.  I hope that all of you are enjoying it.  You will have your first quiz on Act I on Tuesday/Wednesday next week.  Your quiz will be based heavily on your notes - please make sure that you're organized and prepared.  For tonight's homework you need to finish the Queen Mab worksheet that I gave you today in class.  Make sure that you follow the instructions thoroughly.  This worksheet is due to the box on Friday/Monday.

I think that does it.  See you soon.

No comments: