Monday, February 13, 2012

And we have another Monday...

And so it is, another week.  Though next week we've got only four days, so that's something to look forward to.

AP English III:

Tonight you need to finish your reading of chapters five and six of Invisible Man.  A lot of you who are ahead told me that you were really confused about chapter five.  That's to be expected.  As I said in the last post, it's entirely stream of consciousness.  The goal here should be to get through the chapter, develop questions, and bring those with you to our discussion on Wednesday/Thursday.  Personally, I haven't made sense of everything in that chapter yet.  I'm hoping with your help that we'll discover some things together.

After today's class you have all gotten your research topics back.  It's time to start researching and writing your thesis.  Remember that by the last week of February/first week of March you should have your outline completed with your sources.  I'll be giving your a rubric for your outlines soon which will outline (heh) what I'm expecting.

Lastly, we're having another timed writing Wednesday/Thursday to prepare for the ACT.  It's an argument, so I think that you'll all do fine.  Just review what a good argument is made of.

English I:

We're two-thirds of the way through the balcony scene.  We'll finish it as a group tomorrow.  Tonight for homework you need to read over Act II, Scene 3 and take your notes on Who, Where, When, and What.  As you read, I also want you to keep track of the various opposites in this scene.  As you see opposites, you'll want to write down the line numbers as well as the opposite words.

We will also be having a warm-up check next class.  It would be a good idea for all of you to make sure you get the reading done thoroughly and that you've reviewed your grammar.  As you've seen, the warm-ups are getting trickier, the later we move into the year.

Lastly English I kids, we've got quiz corrections available this week on the Act I Quests.  You can come after school or during lunch on Wednesday and Friday.  This opportunity doesn't come often.  Make sure that you take advantage of it.

With that, I'm off to grade your homework.

No comments: