Thursday, December 8, 2011

Announcements and Props to A1

We're drawing ever closer to Winter Break - I'm especially beginning to notice it more due to the fact that it's actually starting to get cold outside.  Here are your reminders for tonight and the weekend.

AP English III:

A1 kids, the visitor that we had today from downtown was very impressed with the presentations that she saw.  I wanted to be sure that you all knew that other people realize that you all are quite amazing.  For tonight/this weekend I want to be sure that you read the article by Sanders called "The Inheritance of Tools."  It's available in 50 Essays as well as at this link.  Make sure that you read an annotate the article heavily paying particular attention to the idea of family as that is what we will be focusing on.  Also, don't forget that you need to have a copy of The Catcher in the Rye for class on Monday/Tuesday.  If you don't have one, I'll have school copies that you can check out from me.

Lastly, I want you all to begin working on your term papers for the first semester.  Please create a Google doc that you share with me as an editor no later than Sunday evening.  Please begin to outline what you would like to write about for this first paper.  Remember that you need to use at least one novel and one "minor" piece that we have studied this semester to create your thesis.  This is meant to be an informal way for you to begin to get your ideas together.  You will be graded on setting up and sharing your Google document.  Be sure that it's done no later than 7:00 PM on Sunday.  If you cannot meet this deadline you must speak to me in advance with your reason.

English I:

I want all of you to begin to take what we discussed today in class and use that as your foundation to see what is happening in the rest of this book.  I'm glad to see that you're seeing the irony, remember to always think about why the irony is there.  For tonight you need to read chapter seven of Animal Farm.  Be sure that you are working on your bookmarks as well - I will be collecting another bookmark before we leave for Break.  Lastly, continue to work on your quote logs.  These will save you a lot of time when it comes to your essays which we will begin next week.

No comments: