Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Homework - 12 April 2011

Only THREE more classes to go until Spring Break!

Here is what I will be looking for next class.

Freshmen:  I will have your exams on Act I graded and returned when we get back from Spring Break.  For tonight I would like for you to read the first three scenes of Act II (don't forget the prologue at the beginning of the act).  As you read, complete your WHO, WHAT, WHEN, and WHERE notes as I will be checking these in class on Thursday/Friday.  Also, you will have your first check-in on your notecards.  I am expecting to see a good amount of cards - anywhere in the region of five to ten.  WIth this kid of assignment, more is better.  Continue to look for information that you can use to create your stories about your characters.  Don't forget to format the notecards correctly, with the MLA source at the top of the card and the parenthetical citation at the end of the quote/note/paraphrase.  Anyone needing help with notecards should see me on Wednesday afternoon.

Juniors:  You have a paper due on Friday.  This should be your number one priority along with reading your group novel.  Follow your group deadlines and be prepared for a productive meeting on Friday.  I will be collecting your final drafts on Friday.  Please come and see me as soon as possible to review drafts and get feedback.

I think that does it.  There's a lot going on in English here at the end, don't fall behind.  Ask for help and work hard!

No comments: