Tuesday, September 26, 2023

26 September - Substitute Day - Jury Duty

AP Language

Sorry to be away from all of you today serving my civic duty to serve on a jury. It's my first time, so we'll see how it goes. I had a heck of a time figuring out where to park and how to walk over here, but I made it to court. I hope that you all enjoyed the day with each other to collaborate and communicate. Apply feedback to your projects and make your finishing touches. Please submit your projects to Schoology so that I can review them and get you feedback. 

We'll be looking at our last reading of this unit next class; it's Mario Cuomo's 1984 Democratic Convention Speech. On Schoology there's a link to a recording of the speech and you should have a handout copy from the substitute. Read, annotate, apply a strategy, and consider connections between this text and the others we've studied so far.

Our next unit will be focused on The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I'll give you a school copy, but if you like to write in your books, you'll want to purchase your own. It's a great text. I'm excited to share it with you all.

See you next time, I hope!

No comments: