Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Beginning Week 14 - Tuesday the 8th

AP Language

Hey crew. I appreciate your efforts today. I'm taking what I learn from working with you all every day and applying it to our future lessons. I'm sorry that you all end up being my guinea pigs since you're the Blue Day group. Be sure that you have uploaded your work from today to the shared slide deck/FlipGrids so that you can get your points from today's activity. I think for tomorrow I'll be removing the recording part of the assignment; it seems like that's where the major speedbump is.

Review the other slides for today's class and from the other groups. There are some beginnings of sample short answer questions as yes/no samples - using those yes/no statements are a great way to prepare for short answer questions on your quiz on Thursday. There's an outline of the quiz and tips on how to prepare in the final slide.

Don't forget that you also have your rhetorical analysis for your project. It should be complete. I appreciate that so many of you met with me or set up times to meet with me later this week. Our next step is the group essay which we'll settle next class - it's pretty straightforward and should be a simple writing task.

English 10

Today's class was a reading day to get into Part 2 of Persepolis. As we read, we spoke a lot on cause and effect and the mixed bag that comes with immigrating to a new place - the way that the expectation doesn't usually line up with what we expect.

We finished the day with a bit of choice - looking at a lesson on NoRedInk and the requirements for our project. Be focused on finishing your project right now. It's due on Monday and is a lot of points. If you're unsatisfied with your quiz score, you can email me for a retake or to use rubles for extra credit.

No comments: