Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Kicking Off Week 7 - Blue Day - Starting New Units

AP Language

Today we had a good overview of the main topics we'll study and consider as we move through our study of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Use the slides to review our annotation anchors and the procedures for setting up your covers as well as what to look for as you read.

Our reading for next class is Equiano's "Narrative" - as you read, consider how he appeals to his audience of the time. Working through logos, pathos, and ethos will really guide your reading.

Next week we'll cover our first chunk of Huck Finn - be sure that you've read Chapters 1-10 for next week's classes. Follow the Unit Plan to see our reading deadlines.

Lastly, remember that your Unit 1 projects are due on Monday the 26th. This will be among the final grades for Quarter 1 - you can also email me to cash in your bonus points. Remember to tell me what assignment, and how many rubles to spend for extra credit.

English 10

Today was a really productive day! We spent time working through a poem by Polish poet Czeslaw Milosz before taking time to work on our projects or other assignments. I also shared your bonus points with you today. Remember that you can cash in your rubles for bonus points on assignments (10 rubles = 1 point). Just send me an email and let me know where to spend your cash.

Tonight you should focus on completing your projects and/or getting caught up on missing work. The first quarter will end on October 30th and no work will be scored after that date for Quarter 1. Let me know what I can do to help you to get what you need!

As always, let me know what I can do to help!

No comments: