Friday, February 1, 2013

Homework for the Weekend 1/31 and 2/1

Sorry for not posting the announcements and reminders yesterday.  I had meetings during my planning and after school, so this just slipped my mind.  Here are your reminders to prepare for the weekend.

AP English IV

Over the weekend your main priority is to complete your poetry projects, which will be submitted to me on Monday.  During Monday's class, each of you will come to the front to present your memorized poem - as a class we will clap - you'll then turn in your work and we'll go from there.  The rest of class will be spent doing a read aloud/think aloud of another short story, so Monday will be a pretty relaxed day.

AP English III

This weekend you have two main things to occupy your time.  First, you need to read Act III of The Crucible.  This is the climax of the play and also provides a lot of important development of key motifs and ideas that we've seen Miller establish in the first two acts of the play.  Remember to add to your annotations and start to notice how particular characters are changing.  Be sure that you note why they change, to and from what they change, and if that change is particularly significant.

Besides reading you should also be working on your outlines.  Now that you have my feedback on your proposals you should begin fine tuning your argument and finding your specific textual support which you will use in your essay.  I fully expect that next week you will all want to begin conferring with me about your papers and your outlines -- be sure that before you come in to meet me that you have completed a full outline with citations and that you are coming with questions.

English IV

You have no official homework this weekend but you will want to start to prepare for your test on Act I of Twelfth Night.  I would focus this weekend on studying characters and what we have learned about them thus far.  If you missed any reading in class I would get those notes from me or from a classmate so that you can begin to prepare.

Freshman Focus

You have no homework this weekend.

No comments: