Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Homework for All Classes - 5/6 September

Today was a bit of a first day of school for me.  Meeting new groups of students and starting with some new classes.  I'm excited to get going with all of you.  Here are your reminders to prepare for Friday/Monday.

Freshman Focus

I would like for all of you to turn in your parent contact forms on Friday.  This is your only homework assignment for tonight.

AP English III

For our next class I'd like for you to review chapters three and four of The Grapes of Wrath.  I really want you to focus in on Jim Casy and understand his philosophy.  This way of thinking is going to be very important to the way that we study the rest of the text.  Furthermore, I'd like for you to read chapters five, seven, and eight.  As you read those chapters, focus on the characters, the idea of irony, the American Dream, any symbolism, and the comparison of people to animals.  All of these things are important elements of Steinbeck's writing.

Furthermore, remember that you have writing assignments due on Friday/Monday.  I really appreciate the fact that so many of you have come to see me for extra feedback.

English IV

Tonight I want you to finish reading the first chapter of 1984 by George Orwell.  As you read, remember to continue to add to your character list, noting the name of the character, the page number, and any notes that you got about that character from the page.  Also, continue to make note of new words, we will spend some time on Friday/Monday working through those new words and developing our vocabulary.

Also, I need your parent contact form returned.

I think that'll do it for all of us, see you Friday/Monday.

No comments: